Sunday, October 7, 2012

Rhino Class

Today was the ultimate zoo class...rhino class.  This class was the easiest one I've ever chosen and I'm so glad I went.  We learned all sorts of cool facts about rhinos whom I just happen to be semi related to in case you didn't know.  We learned there are 5 different types of rhinos, although I think they forgot about me which would actually make 6.  We also learned that a rhinoceros' horn is made out of keratin just like our fingernails so if it gets cut off for some reason they can just grow a new one.  Good thing too, because one of the rhinos at the zoo got his horn stuck in a tree so the zookeepers had to cut it off.  We also learned that the rhino's best friend is the Red Billed Ox Pecker because this bird single handily eats all of the bugs off of the rhinoceros' back.  Impressive!  We got to make a bird of our own, but he's not real.  That's okay though because I don't think I have any bugs on my back for him to eat.  Outside of that though, I think I fit in quite well with the rhinoceroses here in our world! 

No comments: