Monday, March 8, 2010

The Bathtub Wins

First the train won, and now a bathtub beat me up, only this time it isn't the end of the story.  I ended up slipping in the tub tonight when Mom went to grab me to pull me out.  I hit my chin on the edge of the tub, and although it wasn't a bad cut, Mom knew immediately that it required stitches.  After a few quick phone calls, we were dried off, dressed, and ready to go to the hospital.  We dropped Lily off at Jack's house for her first supervised date, and Mom and I were on our way to my first adventure in the ER.  I wasn't the best patient at first, screaming and crying when they took my blood pressure and temperature, but a lot of nice ladies tried to cheer me up by bringing me fun stuff.  One gave me a rocket, another gave me stickers, the third one brought in medicine to take the edge off, and the final one brought a Dora DVD in for me to watch. They had to stick some gel on my chin and cover it with a huge bandaid to numb it.  After waiting for 30 minutes for that to work the nice doctor lady came in to give me three stitches.  The lady who brought Dora in reappeared just in time though with squishy balls and bubbles, and before I knew it the doctor was saying it was time to go home.  Not that I want to go back anytime soon, but overall it wasn't that bad.  I get to take my bandaid off tomorrow and the stitches come out Friday.  The medicine they gave me made me pretty silly too so at least I was able to give Mom and Dad a few laughs after what happened.  Hopefully this teaches me not to fight with stuff anymore in my world!  

1 comment:

Grandma Jackie said...

The train won, the bathtub won....think it's time for Ryan to win...poor little angel.