Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

We started off New Year's Eve determined yet again to make it to midnight, although Lily had already pretty much written herself off, since she has yet to make it during any prior celebrations.  We filled our tummies with ribs, where I took the award for the cleanest bones, and then took in a movie (Monsters University) before settling in for the ball drop.  We pulled out the pull-out bed, which is always a treat, and we're ready to go.  At least that was the plan, until I passed out around 11:30 pm.  Lily made it this year, not falling asleep until 12:15 am.  She was so proud of herself!  I woke around 6:00 am frantic because the ball never dropped.  After running to tell Mom, she informed me that I had fallen asleep and missed the whole thing so I climbed into bed with her and slept off my sorrow.  When I awoke around 9:00 am or so Mom shared with me a video of the ball dropping, and I settled with the fact that I didn't make it and it was officially 2014.  Oh well, I guess I'll have to try again next year.  Happy New Year to all of our family and friends!

No comments: