Friday, January 17, 2014

Man Down

Mom received the dreaded phone call from school today...your son has been injured.  Lucky for me it wasn't severe enough to warrant a trip to the doctor or even an early pick-up by Mom, but it was a bit scary for a little bit.  I ended up being bumped into during recess, which usually isn't a big deal, but considering I was standing on ice, the end result was a tumble in which I fell flat on my face.  It was pretty bloody from what I hear, and I was screaming pretty loud in pain, but in the end they cleaned me up quite nicely.  I informed Mom that it was a good thing I have a nose because it saved the rest of my face from near disaster.  The injury got me lots of attention from the girls too, and I actually think my war wounds give me character.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for any more falls in the near future, but in the end I survived, and I'm a little tougher because of it!

No comments: