Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bear Down!

With no babysitter in sight (and trust me it wasn't due to lack of effort), Mom graciously gave up her NFC North title game ticket to the cutest Bears fan around...yours truly!  She layered me up, and packed every piece of snow gear I own to make sure that I can enjoy this experience.  You may not be able to see me under all my gear once I'm dressed and ready, but I'll be able to see the Packers and Bears battle at Soldier Field as they try to make it into the playoffs!  Mom captured the pregame moments as Dad and I got ready to depart for the Windy City, and Lily made sure to get in on the action as well photo-bombing our picture!  She prepared for the game by dressing up herself and her new American Girl doll, because she thinks that somehow that will bring the Packers luck. Hopefully Dad and I will be the ones still singing our song when we arrive home tonight, although I'm sure Lily and Mom are hoping for just the opposite!  Bear Down Chicago Bears!!!

Update...we are not singing our song, but I did get to sing it at least four times during the game, and I gave more high fives in three hours then I've probably given in my entire six years.  We received plenty of stares thanks to our Wisconsin plates as we pulled into the parking lot, but as soon as I emerged there were high fives flying and fists being bumped all over the place.  In the end, Lily's luck rubbed off on the Packers, but I took the Bears' loss in stride...after all it was a victory for me since I got to devour hot chocolate (with the collectors mug), popcorn, pizza, and a giant pretzel.  Better luck next year Bears!!!

No comments: