Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Morning

I was the first one up this Christmas, and I wasted no time at all running as loudly as possible through the halls and then downstairs to see if a certain someone by the name of Santa had paid us a visit while we were sleeping.  I was soon joined by the rest of the family and Lily and I just stood there in awe as we saw all of the things we had asked Santa for.  Most of our presents were wrapped, but there were a select few that Santa choose not to wrap...my drums, Lily's Barbie house, and our scooters.  Maybe he ran out of time, maybe they were too big; whatever the reason we were okay with it, because seeing them under the tree was awesome!  I immediately started banging on my drums, and Lily had Barbie in every room of the house in no time flat.  Her house even came with a grill and a pool which made her even more excited.  We took one short break before opening any of the wrapped stuff to see if Santa had eaten his cookies.  We found a letter from him thanking us for the milk and cookies, and he confirmed what Mom and Dad had told us the night before...Rudolph really does exist!  Good thing we left an extra carrot.  After wiping out any doubt we may have had regarding Rudolph we rushed back over to the tree to see what else he and Santa had delivered.  We got so many great things that I can't even list it all.  Model cars, a shovel, and a Chicago Bears shirt for me; a make-up case, giant pipe cleaners, and a bracelet for Lily.  Santa even had a few shared gifts under the tree with one of them being pixo beads.  We love using these at school so we were pretty excited to see we now have a set for home as well.  Then it was onto family gifts.  Lily got me the best Angry Birds game ever, and I surprised her with a gymnastics ribbon that she absolutely loved!  Mom and Dad spoiled us big time this year too, and Wrigley even got us electric toothbrushes!  Once all of the presents were opened we jumped right in trying everything out.  I broke open the Angry Birds game first, and Lily got busy making herself beautiful with her new make-up.  We couldn't have asked for a better Christmas morning here in our world!

No comments: