Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

After much thought and careful consideration I came up with what I thought to be a great idea. Apparently, no one else agreed with me though because we did not take Mom to McDonald's for Mother's Day. I thought for sure going to the one by Lily's ballet with the indoor playground would close the deal, but maybe next time I'll try for the fancy one by our house with curtains and a tree that lights up. Although this plan didn't work out, Lily and my plan of hiding Mom's gifts did! We enjoyed having her search this morning, and she found them in record time. It probably helped that my clue was "make sure to look under my bed" and Lily pointed at the closet her gift was in and opened the door for Mom. We were proud of ourselves for keeping it a secret for so long. We hid them as soon as we got home from school on Thursday, and never said a peep until this morning. Mom loved our flower bags and even more so when she found out each petal was one of our fingers. I've got a lot of great ideas for our new bags and hopefully Mom agrees with me on some of them!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

What a lucky mom....such a precious and thoughtful gift.....and two children who can keep secrets! That should make for fun in the future!