Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Although it was a working weekend up at the cottage, we managed to squeeze in a little fun. Fishing was #1 on our list and we both managed to catch a few bluegills and perch. My photo was of me catching some weeds, but I was just as pleased with the weeds as with the fish. We met our new cousin, Moose, but I think Wrigley and I were just fine when he had to leave early considering he bit us both in the behind. Wrigley was the only one crazy enough to go swimming. Even though it was warm all weekend, the water was freezing, but I was okay with that considering there was so much other fun stuff to do. We cruised around in the Jeep, and I even managed to convince Uncle Robb to give me a ride on the four wheeler. AJ, Bubba, Reid, Elizabeth and I played a little baseball, while Lily quietly observed from the sidelines. We ate everything in sight and I think my tongue was every shade of the rainbow at some point during the weekend. My favorite food was the smores, with Elizabeth's birthday cake and the Dora popsicles coming in a close second and third. Oh, and I forgot about the rainbow sherbet from the candy store...that may have tied for first. We also found enough animals to start our own zoo. We caught frogs and lightning bugs, snakes and ticks. We saw geese and muskrats, loons and snapping turtles. We even found a baby turtle and after much deliberation decided on the name Squirt John Williams. Grandma surprised us all with new Under Armour shirts, and the boys were pretty excited to all be matching in orange. Lily wasn't quite as excited, but once she got her shirt on she wouldn't take it off so I think she secretly liked it. Considering the grownups were so busy all weekend, we cousins managed to have all sorts of fun adventures here in our world!

No comments: