Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Weekend

What a whirlwind of a weekend! It started with a little baking. While cracking eggs we discovered something crazy...twins (two yolks in one egg)! We thought it was one of the coolest things ever and I of all people insisted that Mom take a picture. Whenever these particular words come out of my mouth Mom happily obliges, and for some reason this seemed to happen a lot this weekend!?!? Next, we dyed Easter eggs, but not after another quick picture of me in my awesome white shirt! Shortly after starting, I insisted on taking off my awesome white shirt so it wouldn't get dirty, and Lily followed suit by taking off her shirt as well. Silly Lily! All of this hard work led up to one of our favorite holidays, Easter. Immediately upon waking up this morning I headed downstairs to find my Easter basket. Lily had a tougher time finding hers, but thanks to my good eyes we were successful. The chocolate bunnies were a hit, and even more so once Dad said we could take a bite out of them before breakfast. I crushed the ears on mine, while Lily took care of a foot on hers. Then it was on to solo picture number three of me and my new Bumble Bee Transformer! After breakfast we headed up to Green Bay to celebrate with our cousins. We patiently waited for everyone to arrive so the egg hunt could begin, but we couldn't help but peek out the windows for eggs a few times and I accidentally ran around the house once while getting my picture taken by Grandma Jackie. After one last solo picture requested by yours truly, Grandma gave the green light and I was off and running all over the yard with Lily taking her time to make sure she didn't miss an egg. We loved every minute of the day and cannot wait for the next fun holiday here in our world!

No comments: