Friday, March 16, 2012

Lily's Trip to the ER


After two days of a fever that just wouldn't go away, Mom and Dad had enough. At 4:00AM Friday morning I hit 105.6 degrees. Mom and Dad are usually experts at getting my "hot body" cooled down, but this time there was no budging for almost an hour. This along with the fact that I couldn't stop throwing up led to the executive decision being made to take me to the emergency room. I tried to convince them otherwise, but they won. Upon arrival the nurses immediately gave me a suppository to get my fever down. Not that I'm rushing to have this done again anytime soon, but it did make me feel much better. Then it was onto the testing...strep and urinalysis. Outside of my gagging, the strep test wasn't all that bad, but the urinalysis took forever mostly because I didn't have to pee. I'd let them do this again any day though because they let me drink all of the apple juice I wanted until I could go potty. They even offered me popsicles and who doesn't love a popsicle!?!?! They were holding out on catheterization so I could go on my own, and a little celebration occurred once I actually went because it took me almost three hours. What can I say...you gotta go when you gotta go. When all was said and done they determined that I had a urinary tract infection and/or a kidney infection. I was sent home with some super duper strength antibiotics and ordered to see my doctor the next day. At least now we are one step closer to understanding what is going on and hopefully I'm up and running again soon here in our world!

No comments: