Friday, September 23, 2011

The Dentist


Today marked another first here in our world...our first dentist appointment. We've been to visit the dentist before, but today we were all alone in the chair with just Ms. Carol and Dr. Hafner. I think Mom was a bit worried about this adventure, but it was a piece of cake. I made Lily go first...I figured if she survived I'd be okay. Not only did we survive, but Dr. Hafner even walked me out when I was done to tell Mom how impressed he was by our behavior. That was before I threw a fit in the waiting room because Lily wouldn't share her orange ball. Dr. Hafner solved that problem though and I came home with two orange balls and an orange puzzle. I'm beginning to like this guy more and more! We both got labeled as having good teeth and we have no cavity watches to report, but Dr. Hafner warned us we won't have these teeth forever. He did talk to Mom about my thumb sucking, and although I've gotten better, Mom said it may be time to give it up for good. I'm not so keen on that idea, and I'm not sure I'm quite ready for such a big step. We'll just take a wait and see approach! In all of the craziness of trying to get out the door for our appointment, Mom forgot her camera, but Ms. Carol whipped out her iPhone and saved the day! Good thing, because we needed to document what a great adventure we had at the dentist! Say cheese!!!

No comments: