Wednesday, August 24, 2011

If You're Happy and You Know It...


Tonight was dance recital number two for me, and I must say, I still love the stage. I always manage to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of people there to WATCH ME; and I seem to forget that I'm there to dance, but when I do remember a move I give it everything I've got! Tonight's performance included routines to Somewhere Over the Rainbow and If You're Happy and You Know It. Ms. Lindsey bought us each a new tutu and a headband this time. I was praying for pink all week, but blue with rainbow flowers is good as well! Ryan gave me flowers after the performance and along with the one Ms. Lindsey gave me I have quite the bouquet at home. Ryan worked on his photography skills while I was busy dancing, and afterwards he gave my headband a go. We keep trying to tell him that boys can do ballet too, but I don't think he is convinced. My next adventure here in our world is dance lessons at Ms. Lindsey's actual studio. I have all school year to prepare for my next performance so hopefully I'll remember a few more moves next time! If you're happy and you know it....DO BALLET!

No comments: