Saturday, August 7, 2010

Door County

We got an early start this morning and drove up to Door County with Grandma Jackie, Grandma Betty, Mom, and Dad. We started our adventure at The Farm in Sturgeon Bay. As soon as we pulled up we heard the rooster and when we entered we were greeted by the baby goats who sucked our baby bottles dry. They were crazy following us everywhere. We each had a bag of corn to share with the animals too and one goat got so hungry he escaped from his pen to come get our corn. All of the animals were so much fun to feed, but I especially loved the huge bull. All I had to say was "open wide" and he did so I could throw my corn in his mouth...smart bull. We fed and/or saw sheep, ducks, pigs, bulls, goats, chickens, roosters, kittens, turkeys, donkeys, ponies, and a dog. We saw baby chickens that had just hatched, we ran through the corn walk, we sat on the wishing well, and we met a man named Scarecrow. It was so much fun that we could have stayed all day, but we had places to go here in our world!

We had lunch at PC Junction in Bailey's Harbor. This stop was made especially for me since I love choo-choo trains. We had a blast sending toys around on the train. They even let my new cow that I got at The Farm go for a ride! Everything was delivered via train even my hot dog, french fries, and cup of milk...now that's service! I could have watched the train all day, but since we had so much to see we couldn't stay too long. We've got to keep chuggin' along here in our world!

After a few stops so Mom could shop, we ended our day in Ephraim at Wilson's Restaurant and Ice Cream Parlor. We weren't there for the restaurant part though, only the ice cream! After devouring so much ice cream our tummies hurt we called it a day and headed back to Grandma Jackie's. Apparently Lily felt we hadn't had enough excitement for one day so when we were about half way home she decided to vomit up everything she had eaten that day. We had a pink mess everywhere thanks to the strawberry ice cream. Mom and Dad don't think it was the ice cream that made her sick though which is a good thing because otherwise I may never get to go back to Wilson's again and that would be terrible. Despite the mess we can't wait to go back to Door County since we're sure it will be a new adventure every time we're there!

1 comment:

Grandma Betty said...

Hey Lily and Ryan,
I have to agree we did have a great time and I think Grandma Betty enjoyed it all as much as you did. I especially enjoyed watching the both of you smiling and laughing and feeding the animals. Ryan I don't think you took your eyes off of the train at p.c. Junction and Lily you just kept asking if pluto could have a ride on the train. I agree about another day anytime.
Love Grandma Betty