Thursday, October 30, 2008

1 Year Old

It is fun being one! We officially turned 1 at 9:00 a.m. and 9:01 a.m. respectively, and it's been a pretty good day. Mom surprised us and set up our Spin & Bounce Zebra that we got from our friends, Landen and Alyssa. I think we must have both heard her during the night putting it together because we woke up extra early to try it out, like around 5:00. Dad made us a special breakfast of pancakes, turkey bacon, and bananas...yummy! I wish we could have that for every meal. After breakfast we had to get ready because we were scheduled for our first official professional portraits. We don't get them back until the end of next week so you'll have to check back to peek at those. I'd say we cooperated okay, but there were an awful lot of shots of us walking or crawling away. Mom picked out some cute ones though, and hopefully all of you will like them. We took it easy this afternoon and just kicked back in our cool shirts and played with our toys. After our exciting birthday parties we had this past month, it was nice to just relax with mom and dad on our special day.

A lot happened in our final month before turning one as well that we just have to share with you. We of course are continuing to grow which shows in our clothes, and especially our feet. I am in 18 month clothes, and Lily is still in 12 month clothes, but a few 18 month shirts have made their way out of the closet. We don't go to the doctor until November 11 for our 1 year check-up so we'll give you our measurements then. As for milestones, I am now walking. I knew mom couldn't wait so I just had to catch up to Lily. I'd wouldn't say I'm a pro yet, but it won't be long! I also got a top tooth which makes it 3 teeth for me, and 4 for Lily. This month mom took away all of our bottles except our bedtime one. What a mean mom! We're doing fine with sippy cups though and we've even started drinking with straws. We still need some practice in that area, but you have to start somewhere right?!? We've been imitating a lot of what mom and dad have been saying. Mom thinks we have said words, but she can't quite understand exactly what those words are. We flew on a plane for the second time this month, and this time it was a little more challenging for mom and dad since we are mobile. We still got compliments from lots of people on how good we were so we aren't grounded yet. Lily is starting to blow kisses, and both of us are starting to climb everything. Lily is a little more daring, but this also means that she gets in trouble more than I do. The last big thing to happen this past month was I got my hair cut, or actually all of my hairs cut. Lots of people were sad and said it makes me look like a little boy, but if I recall I am getting older, and I am a little boy now. Parts of us wish we could stay little babies forever because we had an amazing year, but more of us is excited to see what the world has in store for us as we now go for 2.

1 comment:

The Krukowski Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY AND RYAN! We hope you had a fabulous birthday! It sounds like it!