Friday, November 25, 2011

Chicago is Our Kind of Town



We decided to take in all of the hustle and bustle of the day after Thanksgiving in grand style by heading to Chicago. Talk about a lot to see...soldier field, skyscrapers, giant beans, and Santa! We started off our morning at Macy's where we wrote a letter to Santa and then got to visit with him too! I was ready and raring to go all the way through Santa Land, while Lily pouted her way through. By the time we were standing in front of him though Lily walked right up and told him what she wanted (a Barbie and a LeapPad) while I ran away. I finally gave in once I was able to sit on Gigi's lap, but Gigi had to tell Santa what I wanted (a Brachiosaurus). I did clarify that it could be a toy one, even though I really want a real one so I can climb up him and shoot baskets in my driveway. Maybe next year I'll finally sit and smile on the jolly old man's lap, but don't hold your breath. For lunch we were lucky enough to get into The Walnut Room at Macy's and we sat pretty much right next to the giant tree. There were princesses walking around everywhere and one from Candyland even came over to visit with Lily. This of course made her day, and mine too. I believe my exact comment was "I want that princess to be on our Candyland, because ours' doesn't look like her". After lunch, we walked over to Millennium Park to check out "The Bean" and ice rink. The bean may be one of the coolest things I've ever seen and Lily and I became quite the trendsetters laying down to get our picture taken. Next thing you know everyone was laying down, even Mommy and Daddy. On the way back to the car we took in the Macy's window displays and then convinced Pop Pops that we needed balloon animals to make our trip complete. It was quite a day filled with so much to see, and Lily and I decided that we need to go back to this place next year because Chicago is our kind of town!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Looks like it was a GREAT weekend...and Lily has a real smile! She definitely enjoyed her weekend.