Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dr. Daddy

It was a year ago this month that I decided to pick a few fights (against a bathtub, a toy train, and a bed frame), and for those of you who can't remember I lost all three battles. Well, I decided after a year, that just maybe I was ready for another battle. Boy was I wrong! This time it was the Rhinoceros versus the blue chair, and the chair got the best of me and left me with a nice gash across my left eyebrow. I immediately informed Mom that I didn't want to go to the hospital like last year so she convinced me to at least go to Daddy's clinic so he could check it out (little did I know that the clinic is on the way to the hospital). After some deliberation by the grown-ups, it was decided that although the cut could use stitches, Dad was going to try to tape and glue it shut. If it didn't work I had to go to the hospital so I decided to let Dad give it a shot. The whole thing was a little scary (okay VERY scary) and I did put up quite the fight even though I got my way and didn't have to go to the hospital. Two and a half hours after the initial blow though I was all patched up and on my way for ice cream, and Lily was smiling because she got to come along for the ride this time. There is nothing a little ice cream can't fix here in our world!

No comments: