Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hungry Hungry Hippos

I'm ready to admit that I was not the easiest child to potty train. Once I agreed to it a few months back it really wasn't that hard, but I'm still not quite sure what all the hype was about, hence the recent setback. I decided sleeping through the night was way more important than getting up to go potty. Nothing Mom or Dad did helped me with this so called problem...not taking my water away, not waking me in the middle of the night. Mom was getting pretty frustrated with me because it entailed her doing a lot more laundry than she cared for. She even tried having me be responsible for loading the washing machine, but I thought it was fun. What Mom came up with next seemed like a pretty good deal to me...a reward chart where if I stayed dry for 7 nights in a row I could earn something fun. That something fun turned out to be the best game in the world, Hungry Hungry Hippos. Last night was the big night, night number seven, and I did it! Mom and I headed to Target first thing after breakfast today, and the rest as they say is history. I played Hungry Hungry Hippos ALL day, and even got Dad and Uncle B in on a game with Lily and me. After all that fun, Mom did break a little bad news to me though, in order to keep my game I need to continue to stay dry at night. I guess Game On!

No comments: