Monday, November 9, 2009

Arizona Visitors

Uncle Larry, Aunt Pam, and Braden flew in from Arizona to spend a long weekend with us. We think they brought the warm Arizona weather with them because it was in the 60's all weekend which is unseasonably warm for this time of year. We didn't mind though because it meant we got to spend more time outside. Mom cooked chili Friday night to welcome them, and our friend, Jack, and his parents joined us. The table looked kind of funny with us four kids taking up a whole side. Saturday was spent enjoying the outdoors. It was our job to teach Braden how to jump in the leaves, but I'm not sure we succeeded. I also helped Dad do a little yard work, and I discovered that if I drive my cozy coupe while holding my lawnmower I now have a riding lawnmower. Dad should try that sometime in our yard, it would make things go so much faster. We spent the evening in Cedarburg, Wisconsin, taking in the sites and doing a little shopping. After an action packed day, Lily and I were dirty so a hot bath was in order. Braden decided to join us, but I'm not sure that was such a good idea. He must have thought we took up too much room because he peed on my leg. Eeew! Sunday we headed to Illinois so that the adults could go to the Bears game. We kids hung out with Gigi and Pop Pop, but we almost didn't make it there thanks to Lily. She decided to throw up in the car on the way there. It must have been a big deal because a police officer pulled up behind us with his lights on to make sure things were okay. Apparently they were since all Lily did was jump up and down and wave at him...I guess throwing up does her body good?!? After all of the excitement we headed home last night and then took it easy this morning. We took Braden on a tour of Marquette's campus and he and I both scored basketballs from the gift shop. We are definitely pooped out and we are wearing our cool new pj's that the Riveros gave us for our birthdays to bed tonight. We love visitors in our world!

1 comment:

Grandma Jackie said...

Again, what was the score on that football game? How did the Bears do?