Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Maxwell - 1 Year Old

I officially survived my first year!!! Today I turned one, and what a year it has been! I am officially walking (running), talking (screaming), climbing, and doing everything most one year olds do. Although most wouldn't understand, I am saying Lily, Ryan, Harley, and Daddy. I can also sign more, all done, and milk. I understand lots of stuff too, although sometimes I still play the one year old card and pretend I didn't hear you (especially when told "no"). I am still growing thanks to all the eating I do and measured in today at 24 pounds 1 ounce (87%) and 28 3/4 inches (12%). I am wearing mainly 18 month clothes, although I can stretch into some 24 month old things already and squeeze into some 12 month stuff like pants since I have short little legs. My head is measuring in at a whopping 49 cm (almost 99%) which just shows you how smart I am. I now have 6 teeth, and yes, I do bite! I don't mean to hurt anyone, but sometimes shoulders and legs look so squishy that I just can't help myself. My absolute favorite thing is still dancing, especially to the Curious George theme song. I will break out my moves for most any song though and will stop everything just to dance when I hear music. I also love doing anything outdoors. Cruising in my Cozy Coupe and going for a stroll are a few of my favorites! I am still sleeping through the night although I've had a few setbacks due to vacations and just plain stubbornness. Mom and Dad quickly get me back on track though. Mom is slowly weaning me off of bottles, although I am the first to admit that sippy cups cramp my style. I have tried five different kinds and in my opinion they are just too much work! I am sure, like most things, I will give in eventually. All in all it has been quite an adventure this past year. Stay tuned for year two because I'm pretty certain it will be just as spectacular!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Does describe you pretty well and , yes, you are spectacular!

Betty Van Dreel said...

What a great write up about Max's Birthday. What a sweetie he is. I enjoyed the party so much.