Friday, August 11, 2017

Bernie Brewer

I was given four free tickets to a Brewers game through the Brewers Baseball Academy that I went to back in July. Mom and Dad found a sitter for Maxwell, and along with Lily, we headed to Miller Park. Upon our arrival some gentleman stopped me and gave both Lily and I a free pack of baseball cards. That alone made my night! The game was not very exciting unfortunately, and we're not just saying that because we are Cubs' fans. Due to the lack of action we ventured downstairs to try out the play area. Lily went down Bernie's slide, and we raced Bernie to first base. I almost beat him, only coming in .05 seconds behind him. We also happened to run into the actual Bernie Brewer. He was on his way to some game day activity, but he snuck out to take a picture with us. A few people lined up behind us, but he ran off as soon as Mom snapped the picture. We then headed home around the seventh inning, and as we were leaving one of the security guards stopped me and gave me all of the loose change that had been left behind that night when people went through the metal detectors. Overall the night turned out to be great with all the luck we had...too bad we couldn't rub some of it off on the Brewers players!

No comments: