Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

We celebrated our mom's this year at school by holding Poetry and Punch for our families on Friday.  All of the parents were invited to come in to listen to each first grade student recite a poem they wrote about a topic of their choice.  This was a bit of a challenge for Mom and Dad being that Lily and I are in separate classrooms this year, but our teachers scheduled it so that I went first in my class and Lily went last in her class. This way Mom and Dad could sneak out in the middle and hear both of us.  They then used the divide and conquer method for the punch portion of the event.  Mom hung out in my room with me where she captured Maggie and me hanging out, while Dad stayed in Lily's room.  The rest of the weekend was low key since Dad had been gone for 25 days. We spent time catching up on yard work and then enjoyed dinner with friends and wrapped up the weekend by seeing the new Avengers movie.

No comments: