Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day 2015


We made it back up to the cottage after what felt like forever and a day. We were blessed again with nice weather, and took advantage of every minute. Saturday, Dad took me golfing for the first time with Uncle Robb and Bubba. They all had little faith that I would survive, but I made it through all 18 holes without incident. I was the first to reach par on hole number one, and I even outdrove Daddy on two fairways. I hit it over the water (and in the water), and I even found a snapping turtle. While I was sinking putts on the front and back nine, Lily and AJ were tooling around the lake on the paddle boards and having a water balloon fight. Saturday night was reserved for a BBQ and s'mores and a few trips on the four-wheeler. After all the activity we slept hard and woke up refreshed and ready to go on Sunday. Daddy took AJ, Lily, and me out on the paddle boards. After a quick swim it was then time for the candy store where AJ and I donned matching outfits! No trip to the cottage would be complete without this!!! The rain managed to sneak in late Sunday, but this did not dampen our mood.

No comments: