Sunday, March 30, 2014

Nine Years

Today the stomach bug decided to pay Mommy and I a visit so we (or at least I) spent most of the day cuddled up on the couch sleeping.  We did manage to make it outside for a bit a fresh air to watch Ryan ride his bike on what felt like the first warm day in way too long.  We (or at least I) also managed to talk a lot while laying on the couch.  It is rare that any illness can keep me from talking so of course I had to share everything with Mom about my crazy life, and Mom was able to squeeze in a few things as well.  One of those things that Mommy shared was that it has been nine years since Grandpa Wayne passed away.  She and I spent a long time talking about him, and I asked a thousand questions..what color were his eyes? did he like to draw? what was his favorite food? why did he like gadgets? did he cheer for the Packers?  I feel like so much about him is still unknown, but Mommy did share with us a few months ago something that gives us an opportunity to talk about him and think about him when we least expect it:  

"I found a penny today just laying on the ground, but it's not just a penny this little coin I've found.  Found pennies come from heaven that's what my Mommy told me, she said Angels toss them down oh, how I loved that story.  She said when an Angel misses you they toss a penny down, sometimes just to cheer you up to make a smile out of your frown.  So don't pass by that penny when you're feeling blue, it may be a penny from heaven that an Angel's tossed to you." 

We love when we find a coin, and we love the conversation that follows because we always learn something interesting about our Grandpa!

No comments: