Thursday, February 6, 2014

Toothless

I have officially reached another major milestone in life...I lost my first tooth!  I've had a few wiggly ones for a couple months now, but just last week one became a little more wiggly than all the rest.  Then last night I noticed that I could pull it all the way forward.  Minutes later as I was taking a bite out of my pizza, voila, it was gone!  Daddy thought I swallowed it, but I fished it out of a pocket in my cheek as tears streamed down my face.  I'm not sure if I cried because I was scared, or just because I didn't know what to do.  It was a bit sore at first, but Mom gave me a cold washcloth to suck on and the bleeding stopped almost immediately.  I quickly wiped my tears away, and then the excitement of what had just happened set in.  Losing a tooth meant that the Tooth Fairy could finally visit our house!!!  Waking up this morning (a bit earlier than usual), I discovered that she had delivered.  Under my pillow was five whole dollars and a chocolate gold coin. She also left a sweet note about how well I've been doing in taking care of my teeth.  Now that the trauma drama of losing my first tooth is behind me, I'm pretty sure I can handle the next nineteen in stride (especially if it involves more gold chocolate coins)!!!

No comments: