Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013

Another great Memorial Day weekend is in the record books!  2013 brought with it nice weather (60's/70's) yet again, and lots of time for fun.  We of course got in a little fishing, where Lily scored the record for smallest fish in the lake.  We ventured into town and stopped at the candy store, because a trip to the cottage without stopping here just wouldn't be complete.  Lily and Elizabeth stayed busy performing dance recitals for us, and I even got in on the action choreographing my own act "The Smashing of the Ant Hill with a Croquet Mallet".  Elizabeth and Lily thought it was so good that I was the finale of the first recital!  I tried out Elizabeth's BB gun for the first time and if you look closely that is my shot right next to the center of the heart...beginners luck maybe, but I think it is because I'm awesome!  We also enjoyed the camp fires, sparklers, and made s'mores which is kind of tradition.  One night we celebrated E's birthday instead though with an ice cream cake made by Aunt Claire which was pretty good as well!  Uncle Steve took us for rides on the boat and in the trailer which is always fun, and we stayed busy playing referee for Wrigley and Moose.  I think Wrigley won the battle, but Moose fought a tough fight.  We also enjoyed a scavenger hunt thanks to Dad, with the last clue leading us to "a sweet lady" and the prize being a giant bag of M&M's.  I, being the sweet lady's favorite, knew immediately that Dad was referring to Grandma.  Elizabeth and Lily took way too long figuring that one out! We are definitely exhausted after such a busy weekend, but only a few more days of school and then we can catch up on all of our missed sleep!

No comments: