Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Rhino and The Potty

After my heart to heart with Dr. Dan last Monday, I decided to be more serious about this potty training stuff. I was already geared up with my wide assortment of underwear, my green potty chair, and my potty ring so I figured what did I have to lose. I've been pretty good so far averaging only a few accidents a day, although I'm not really sure they're accidents as much as wet pants due to my shear laziness in wanting to walk all the way to the bathroom every single time I have to go potty. This only occurs when I get really into an activity though so I'm making progress. I do have to wear pull ups to bed at night since apparently I'm expected to hold it all night long. That's crazy, but I've been good about telling Mom first thing in the morning so that I can use the potty and get some cool underwear to put on. Mom has also broken out rewards with me, which now Lily asks for. Mom happily obliges though since Lily basically trained herself, and it seems to be working for me. She decided that if a few weeks of mini M&Ms is what it takes then so be it. Not that I'm near mastery thus far, but Mom always says slow and steady wins the race!

No comments: