Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Green Thumbs

Although we have a thousand flowers already in our yard, Mom decided we needed a few more so we have been planting flowers for the last two days. She let us pick out all of the flowers so we have a wide array of colors including pink and orange, our favorites. We even planted a tomato and strawberry plant. We didn't see any tomatoes or strawberries on them, but I guess we'll just have to trust Mom and have patience. We helped by digging in the dirt, watering the flowers, and by hauling away the weeds in our new miniature wheelbarrow. We managed to have some fun along the way, and I finally climbed the crazy tree in our front yard. I've been scared of it since the day we moved in, but today I discovered that it is pretty fun. We're discovering our green thumbs here in our world!

1 comment:

Grandma Jackie said...

My mother taught me not to plant anything before Memorial Day...but it has been an exceptionaly warm spring! It would be horrible for those flowers to freeze....make sure to cover the tomato and strawberry plant if we get freezing temps at nite!!! Ryan looks great in that tree...very cool picture!