Monday, January 18, 2010

We're Off to See the Doctor

After another rough night, Mom took us to see Dr. Hagerman today. Lily is always the cooperative one so she got checked out first. When my turn came around I explained to Dr. Hagerman, while sticking my hands over my ears, "no look at ears and no say ah." It didn't seem to matter what I said though because he looked at my ears and my throat anyway. After a thorough check-up we both officially got diagnosed with croup and had to swallow some yucky medicine to help open up our airways. They gave us an apple juice chaser too, which Lily enjoyed, but I was too mad at the doctor to drink mine. The doctor explained to Mom that our croup was most likely caused by the adenovirus going around right now since we have higher fevers and our eyes are involved too. This means we may have coughs for awhile yet, but hopefully everything else will start to feel better soon. Wish us luck!

No comments: