Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Change Is A Good Thing

Before moving into our new home, Mom and Dad decided that for the first time ever, Lily and I would be separated, and we would each get our own bedroom. They painted our rooms for us and have slowly decorated them, but they are still a work in progress. We don't mind though and it has worked out fairly well so far. During the day we love playing in our rooms and we definitely know whose room is whose. The first night in the house Lily actually told mom she wanted to sleep in "Lily's room" not "Ryan's room". Good thing because I really didn't want to share my crib. We do question where the other is at times, but Mom always reassures us that we are both taking a nap or we are both going to bed. Sometimes I wonder though if Lily doesn't convince Mom or Dad to let her stay up late while I'm sleeping. One thing that didn't change upon our move was we both still slept in cribs. If you remember, I climbed out of my crib for the first time this past May, but Mom's glares and firm words kept me under control for the most part...until Monday. I just couldn't help myself anymore, and that night I climbed out and I did it again yesterday at nap and bedtime. Thus, if you look at the pictures you'll see I no longer have a crib. As of today, I now have a toddler bed, and let me tell you, if I would have known how much fun it is to jump on it I would have kept climbing out in May. Mom's goal was to make it until we turned two, and all I have to say is good trying mom, and you still have Lily in her crib. Toddler beds are cool in our world!

1 comment:

Grandma Jackie said...

Both rooms look great. But doesn't the fact that you put Ryan in a toddler bed make you think of him as growing up (too fast)? It's hard not to want to keep them little.