Saturday, July 11, 2009

Shedd Aquarium

We took our first choo-choo ride today (or train ride as Mom and Dad would say). It was a blast taking the Metra into Chicago to go to the Shedd Aquarium, but I missed part of it because I snuck a catnap in before we got to the aquarium. The aquarium was huge and we walked around for hours. Lily's favorite animals were all of the turtles they had, and trust me they had a lot of turtles...some even bigger than us. My favorite thing was the giant circular fish tank right when you first walked in. They had so many different animals in there it was crazy. We also got to sit in a canoe and play in the water. After we were done we stopped by the gift shop for a little souvenir and of course Lily found a cool stuffed turtle. I found new plates with all sorts of sea animals on them. Leave it to me to pick something related to food while at an aquarium. The choo-choo ride home was even more fun than the ride into the city, and Mom and Dad said we'll get to do it again soon. We're just chugging along in our world!

No comments: