Wednesday, July 29, 2009

21 Months Old

So from what we understand 21 months is no big feat...I'm mean we don't celebrate it or anything like that (does ice cream count?). Although this may be true, we thought we'd share a little bit of what we've been up to since everyone keeps telling us how much we've grown up in the last two months. Our biggest change is the amount of words we know. I think Mommy has lost count by now, but trust us it's a lot. I would have to agree with Mom that our favorite word is "no", but we are capable of using others. Lily tends to label things and she repeats everything you say. The scary thing is, is that she usually remembers it and spits it back out a few days later. I on the other hand am not a labeler. I speak usually in short phrases or sentences with my favorite lately being "read a book". Due to my ability to use so many words at once Mommy and Daddy have a harder time understanding me and I don't always get what I want, but it really doesn't bother me all that much. Both Lily and I are counting to 10 although we both tend to skip 4 and 7 now and then. We also love to sing our ABC's with J through Q being hit or miss, although we have the end of the song down..."Now I know my ABC's next time won't you sing with ME" (we love the "me" part)! We're getting there on the letters though and now we've started learning our colors and shapes too. Lily has pink down pat...go figure she's a girl. We're also learning some Spanish thanks to Gigi and Pop Pop. We definitely understand it a little better than we speak it, but we're not giving up yet. Another big change is that I have reached my terrible twos a few months early...at least that's what people are telling me. I will admit I hate getting my diaper changed, I hate getting dressed, I hate wearing a bib, I hate it when Lily tries to play with our toys, and I hate it when people try to help feed me, but other than that I'm a pretty easy guy to get along with. Things can't be all that bad though because we have really taken to helping out around the house. We love watering Pop Pop's plants, feeding Wrigley, and we're pretty cooperative when it comes to cleaning up our toys. All in all I'd say we're growing up fast in our world!

1 comment:

Landen said...

OMG!!!! They are getting so big and cute!! Can you believe they are going to be two soon!?! You have survied their first two years, smiles. Alyssa will be 1 next month, oh how time flies!