Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ryan's One Year Check-Up

My one year check-up went well. Dr. Mike said I am one healthy little boy, minus my diarrhea. I was sick last week, and it returned today, but Dr. Mike doesn't think it is related to what Lily has. Mom is hoping it has to do with the fact that I cut a tooth last night, but we'll see. The only thing he said mom and dad have to watch is my fluid intake to make sure I don't get dehydrated. I lucked out and didn't have to get my shots since I was sick, and Dr. Mike still wants to monitor me for croup. I did have a bit of a runny nose and a cough so he did prescribe steroids for me as a preventative measure. He hesitated in doing it, but since I was displaying some cold like symptoms and since I was obviously exposed to Lily, he felt it might be good just in case. Dr. Mike said my growth in terms of weight has slowed since I am so active, and mom can attest to that. As for my measurements here they are:

Weight: 24 pounds 15 ounces (76%)

Height: 31 inches (82%)

Dr. Mike said mommy and daddy can turn our car seats around if they want, but I don't think that is tops on their minds right now. We can also start drinking whole milk, but he recommended we wait until we are healthy before introducing something new. Lily and I have to go back and get our shots once we are feeling better, and Lily needs to get her measurements taken so we'll be back soon.

No comments: