Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lily visits the ER

Last night Lily was admitted to the hospital after spiking a 105 degree fever and coming down with croup. She was having a lot of trouble breathing, and her cough sounded just like Wrigley barking. When I woke up this morning she was still gone, and mommy swears I was asking for "sister". Her temperature has now come down and the doctors gave her medicine to help open her airway. Hopefully she can come back home later today. Daddy said lots of little kids were at the ER with the same thing, and the nurses even commented on how many kids had croup. One of the twins at daycare even came down with it last night. Mommy is taking me to the doctor today for my one year check-up to make sure that I don't end up having to go to the ER too. I'll let you know how that goes later.

Hey guys, it's me, Lily. I'm home now (it's around 7:00 p.m.) so I wanted to update you on what is going on. The nurses kind of wanted me to stay one more night, but daddy and I agreed that it was time to go. I needed Ryan and mommy, and I was so happy to see them. I told Ryan all about what happened, and I shared some funny stuff with him like me using my elevated bed as a slide, and me setting off my pulse oximeter because I wouldn't sit down. He was laughing pretty hard, and I heard mommy say that he really cheered up once I got home. I think secretly he missed me, but he'll probably never admit it. As for my health, I still have a bit of the diarrhea, but daddy thinks it was also environmentally caused so hopefully it will go away now that I am home. My fever is lower now with it being around 97 degrees last time the nurse took it. It is fluctuating a bit, but mommy and daddy can give me medicine for that. My breathing is much better now, although I still have a cough. I have to use a nebulizer every night to help clear out my lungs. The hospital gave me a Margo Moo one which is kind of fun. It tickles my nose at first, but then I get bored sitting still for so long. I missed my one year check-up today with Dr. Mike so I'm supposed to check in with him soon to make sure I'm doing okay. I'll have all of my official measurements for you then, and hopefully I'll also get a clean bill of health.

No comments: