Sunday, May 4, 2014

Be Kind To Animals

Today was the awards ceremony for the Be Kind To Animals Art contest.  You may remember that I received a letter a few weeks ago congratulating me on third place in the Kindergarten category.  Today we made it official at the Humane Society in Ozaukee County, where I received a ribbon and a certificate for a job well done!  I had to shake some hands, take some pictures, and eat some cake which was my favorite part of the ceremony.  After all of the hoopla, we were given free reign of the Humane Society and we were able to see cats, rabbits, rats, dogs, and birds.  My picture was even hung in one of the hallways, along with all of the other winners.  One of my friends, Maggie, took second place in the Kindergarten category as well so Lily and I posed along with her and her brother with our pictures.  Our teacher, Mrs. Differt, even showed up to surprise us which made the ceremony that much better!

No comments: