Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New Bling

As if life isn't exciting enough...Mom decided to surprise me today and took me to get my ears pierced thanks to a promise Titi Nery made.  You should have seen my reaction when Mom pulled up to Sydney b. and told me the news.  I was smiling from ear to ear, but unfortunately the reaction was short lived.  I quickly survived getting earring number one put in, but number two didn't go so smoothly.  After realizing that there was some pain involved there was no way, no how that I was allowing the lady to touch my other ear.  I screamed and cried until I was all out of tears.  It was such a scene that all four clerks as well as some nice customers were trying to convince me it was okay.  They were bribing me with lollipops and stickers, and sharing stories from when they got their ears pierced.  Ryan even brought me tons of stuffed animals from around the store.  There was nothing they could have said or done to make things better; however, Mom was finally able to settle me down, and we took a break, grabbing a taco for lunch.  Afterwards I decided I was ready to give it another shot, but as soon as I stepped back into the store and that gun came out I was done.  After another 20 minutes or so Mom took me for a walk and explained that it was now or never, and I could tell she meant business.  With only one shot left I put on a brave face (with a slight quivering lip) and buried my head in Mom's shoulder.  I never even felt the second earring go in, but as soon as the lady cheered that I had done it, I screamed and cried again like never before.  I calmed down quickly this time around though, and fell instantly in LOVE with my new earrings.  The pain was gone, and my ears were beautiful!!!  Everyone was so happy it was over, and all of the nice customers came up to Mom and congratulated her on a job well done even though I did all of the work.  After almost two and a half hours it was finally time for us to leave.  I thanked the clerk and let her know that piercing my ears was "actually kind of fun" which was followed by shock and a lot of laughter from everyone involved.  I'm definitely glad it is over, but I'm sooooooooo glad that I did it!!!   

No comments: